S.C. UMEB SA is a well-known Romanian company, specialized in designing, manufacturing and selling of low voltage rotating electrical machines and generating sets.
UMEB’s main stockholder is the American Investment Fund: New Century Holdings (NCH) that has developed businesses of about 300 mil. Dollars, in Romania, in more important fields of economy, as being: electrotechnical industry, construction materials industry, mill and bread manufacture industry, bank-financial services, capital financial services and real estate.
About 60% of UMEB motor production goes to countries as: Italy, Germany, Finland, Spain, England a.s.o. Also, UMEB is one of the main motor supplier for the internal market. At present, among our internal customers we can enumerate top names of Romanian economy, including the following activity fields: food industry, textile industry, chemical industry, metallurgical industry, construction material industry, wood exploitation and processing industry a.s.o.
General use motors - UMEB offers motors for general use suitable for general industrial drives: pumps, cooling fans, compressors, converyor bands, measuring devices, machine-tools and so on.
- ASA Series - Flameproof three-phase squirrel cage induction motors. Application: industrial drives in potentially explosive environments in chemical and petrochemical industry, refineries, off-shore platforms, oil and gas pipelines, pharmaceutical industry, power plants, food industry, paper and wood-working industry.
- ASAM-AEM Series - The AEM and ASAM type motors are intended for operating in mine underground where methane and explosive coal dusr are released.
- ASNA Series - NON-SPARKING THREE-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS. Application: Industrial drives in Zones 2 (gas) or Zones 22 (dust).
- ASAF Series - Flameproof induction motors with electromagnetic brake. Flameproof Electric Motors are used in potentially explosive environments where quick and precise stop of the motors is necessary.
Motors for hoisting units drive manufacturer
- AIM, AIFM Series - WOUND ROTOR AND SLIP RINGS THREE-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS FOR HOISTING UNITS DRIVE. Application: hoisting units drive, both in the industrial shops and in the open air, under conditions of high mechanical and electrical stress.
- ASFM Series - Three-phase Squirrel-Cage Induction Motors Intended for Hosting Unit.
- S AND SS THREE-PHASE INDUCTION ELECTRIC MOTORS FOR SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS DRIVE
- ASR Series - THREE-PHASE SQUIRREL-CAGE INDUCTION MOTORS FOR MILL ROLLER TRACK DRIVE. ASR motors are intended for the individual drive of mill roller tracks, or of other similar mechanisms used in the ferrous metallurgy. ASR motors are not to be used in explosion-hazardous environments, or in aggressive chemical ones.
- Motors for City Drives TN 96 A - Direct current motors for electric city drives. Application: These motors are intended for trolley-bus drives.
- Motors for Machine Tools - MCU - DC Motors. Application main drive of machine-tools or of other equipment the operation of which is characterized by the speed, acceleration, overload and quick breaking.
- MCM, MCMD Series - DC Motors for metallurgy. Application: mill and hoisting device drive for metallurgy.
Explosion-Proof Motors IE2
In accordance with this European regulation, UMEB offers now asynchronous AC motors efficiency class High Efficiency (IE2). The new IEC 60034-30:2008 defines worldwide the following efficiency classes of low voltage three-phase motors, in the range from 0.75 to 375 kW.
IE1 = Standard Efficiency (comparable to EFF2)
IE2 = High Efficiency (comparable to EFF1)
IE3 = Premium Efficiency
The efficiency factor defines the efficiency of motors when transforming electrical into mechanical energy. For many years low-voltage three-phase motors in the European Union have been sold in three efficiency classes EFF3, EFF2 and EFF1. Energy efficiency classification systems have been introduced and well-proven in many countries all over the world. They unfortunately differ from each other in terms of scope, wording and values. That was the reason for the International Electrotechnical Commission IEC to develop and publish an energy efficiency standard which replaces all the different national issues. In parallel IEC developed and issued a new standard for the determining the motor efficiencies. The new standard IEC 60034-30 defines and harmonizes worldwide the efficiency classes IE1, IE2 and IE3 for low-voltage three-phase motors.
Diesel Generating Sets
UMEB offers a wider range of gensets, as well as other types of electrical equipment and services. Gensets: single-phase and three-phase generators, manually operated or with automatic (AMF) operation, stationary or mobile, installed outdoors - with soundproof canopy, or indoors - open frame models, covering a power range between 2 and 800 kVA, as well as welding gensets covering a welding current range between 20 and 500 A. The GEBAS genset series has been designed to fulfill all the energetic necessities of every type of electric appliance, having a compact design, powerful, reliable, easy to use and with silent operation. GEBAS gensets are equipped with diesel engines from famous genset engines manufacturers.